| Au Revoir Dear Utah |
To recap the move- it was gravy baby! You would think moving two toddlers across the country would be a fairly awful experience, and indeed that is what we anticipated. However, once the torture of saying goodbye was over and we were driving, it wasn't bad at all. Mike and I listened to a book on tape and the kids played and slept like angels the whole way. Basically, it was a miracle.
Having never been to Atlanta before (if you don't count a layover on the way to Paris) I was so excited to see what this new adventure would bring. And wouldn't you know it, we love it here. There are only a few things that are really different here.
*Its super humid, but the heat is giving way to the occasional fall breeze. Its beautiful and green. While I expected the humidity to wreak havoc with my already unmanageable hair, it has not. In fact, my hair is amazing and the softest its ever been. While apparently the trade has cost my a slight facial breakout, I'll take it as the hair is totally worth it for me. Besides, while my face has a few new polka dots, both Beckett and I have rid ourselves of overly dry skin everywhere else. WHOOT!
*Southern hospitality is FOR REAL. I mean it. Its incredible how thoughtful and kind everyone we have met is. Think I'm exaggerating, even the people at Taco Bell were ultra well mannered and nice. "Mr. Mike, your order is ready". "MR MIKE. Cute huh, and very polite.
*There are no green onions to be found. Weird because I am sure they have to be somewhere, but we have yet to find them. And also, guess I took Idaho spuds for granted because potatoes are much more expensive out here and they do not compare to good ol Idaho's taters.
* Everyone has the most adorable accents. Why on earth do we not have a cool Utah accent. Someone should get on that. I just love listening to that soft southern drawl. At the risk of sounding judgmental however, it must be pointed out that people talk a lot slower out here. You know that quote from Sweet Home Alabama "Just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid", well...I can see how that may need to be pointed out for some folks. I guess I'll probably get used to that, but I sure enjoy a more lively conversational pace. Anyway, things in general just move a little slower here- ever heard rumors about Atlanta traffic? Its nuts.
*Last but not least I just have to say, moving 2000 miles across the country was an act of faith. Leaving all of our friends and family behind was no small deal. But. Thanks to prayer and a Father in Heaven who is watching out for us, we knew exactly where to take out little family, and we are happy here. We are home.
| Home Sweet Georgia Home |
| Welcome Home! |
Cute! I assume Mike got a job there but what is he doing?
ReplyDeleteHey Chelsea! I love all the cute FB pics of your darling girl! Mike is working for the William Mills Agency doing Financial PR. He LOVES it, and they are a super company to work for we are pumped. :)
Delete