Monday, October 22, 2012

The Day I Was 2

Sorry its been a while, Mike's birthday was last week, so obviously I was very busy...all week. Also, I worked out on Monday, Jillian's 20 min shred (although I only did 18 minutes of it because the kids insisted on a snack during round 3) and I was sore for three days. So I was too tired to write...nah. I'll stick with Mike's birthday excuse. Although it is true that I was sore that long. Moving on!

A more appropriate title for today might have been:


The Compilation of Ways in which I Have Acted Like a Two Year Old Lately.

But. I thought that was a little long. And it is possibly true I have acted like a two year old in many ways in the same day, so I went for the probably just as true shorter version. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me back up to this morning.

It began much like every other day. A frantic rush for everyone to get fed. Mike is the only one in the family who is not big into eating right away, he likes to be up for a while first. Not the rest of us. Breakfast in bed would be sufficiently fast. 

Next came diaper changing. Of course while I was changing Emma I was being super hilarious and made her laugh so hard she peed. After I got one diaper off, and before I could get another one on. Perfect timing. 

Then some story time (see our Facebook for today's video of that), quick FB check while I was on, more stories, and then more breakfast. Like I said, big breakfast eaters. 

While I was getting them dressed for the day, they threw their clothes around the room. And while I picked that up they managed to get the bathroom door open (it closes but never quite all the way), throw Mike's shoe supports in the toilet, and take an elbow bath in the pot. Lest you think me neglectful, the total time elapsed here is about 2 minutes. Maybe less. 

When I discovered their shenanigans, I cleaned it up, closed the door, and threw myself on the bed. Which caused both munchkins to throw themselves on the floor and pout that they weren't getting any attention. I looked and them, sprawled out preparing for a tantrum and hollered "No! Its my turn to throw a fit"! That was the moment I knew I was two. 

Now that I knew I was as two as my actual toddlers, I took a moment to reflect. And this was the shocker that came to light: I guess I'm a baby. Here's the list:
 
Someone better feed me face

I RACE to my breakfast. Like, can't function or be nice until I am fed. Its serious.
 

I snack during church. This is serious too.  


I always pack a snack. Okay. I eat all the time. I'd say about every three hours. Like my toddlers. ah.
 


 


 I love naps. Love them. I'm not into sleeping in- but I'll take a nap any day! I also really love to cuddle. And sleep on Mike. Yup, near is great, but if he can watch football I'll sleep on his lap just like the kids. That they may have learned from me :)








Waiting at the door
When Mike comes home I run for the door I'm so excited to see him. There are three of us running for him, and he only has two arms so its nice that my legs are the longest. :)
When Mike gets on his phone, I climb on his lap and situate myself strategically between his face and the phone to ensure 100% of his attention. The kids do this to me all the time. I think they taught me to do this. I'm pretty sure they didn't learn it from me. 
 





I like to move it move it. They won.

I pee my pants (just a little) when I'm really laughing or jumping. Oh gee.   

I want to use the computer. We all do. Its competitive. Who will win? Will it be pinterest and house-hunting, or "I like to move it move it" and "I like the flowers (youtube videos they love to dance to)"? 
Enthusiastic eaters
 

I bumped my head the other day on an open cupboard and slammed it shut and yelled. Just like Beckett. 

I got food on my face trying to eat a jar of nutella and pretzels as fast as I could. 



 







I like to eat things that are not good for me. (See above).
To my credit, I did tell Mike he should hide the nutella. And he didn't. So...blame should be at least 50/50 I think.

I cried on Saturday when I didn't get what I wanted. Which was unreasonable, because I wanted a million dollars. 




 
I like to try to fit into things that are too small. Although I think they like it more. But still, its always worth  a shot. Right?

Sometimes I stomp my feet. I cannot seem to stop. I really try, on account of it is a tad embarrassing. 










Seriously. 
Who hasn't. Don't lie.

And you know what. Sometimes I throw my clothes on the floor. Just because. Its somewhat satisfying. I kind of like it. At least until I have to pick them up. 





Anyway. All said, I guess its kind of fun to be two. And perhaps I'll have a little more empathy in the upcoming years of my life that we have toddlers around. I mean, how frustrated would you be if no one could understand you? That's how I felt when I first got to France on my mission. And why on earth wouldn't you want to roll in the leaves and eat books (Emma ate the lily pad out of our panda peek a boo book. bummer). I guess I'm more like my kids than I thought. 

On the other hand. They are watching everything we do all the time, and they are a lot more like us than you might think. They kind of amaze me already, they are so smart! 

I guess that means the average age in our home is fourteen. Mmm. 

But, I hear the munchkins getting up from a nap, and I'm as excited to get to the park as they are so au revoir!
 
(Dear Mike. I'm sorry. I'll grow up. Thank you for being patient with me. I love you. Love, me)

No comments:

Post a Comment