Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Kickoff


First- a quick catch up

 Thanksgiving was awesome. 
We got four straight days with Mike and we savored every single one.

The weather was beautiful, and we had a fabulous feast. It was hard to catch any of it in pictures because we were too busy enjoying it!
While it may have been hard to stop and take a picture, it was more than memorable. Family time like this is a rare and precious thing and I love it more than anything. 
There are little moments so dear to my heart I can't even find words for them.
 Like when I catch Mike reading to our munchkins.
It means the world to me. 

 


 AND NOW, ON TO THE CHRISTMAS FESTIVITIES!

Saturday, December 1 began with the Lilburn Christmas Parade. We had no idea there was such a thing until about an hour before, and fortunately a good friend let us in on the excitement! Its the first time we had ever taken the kids to a parade, and they absolutely loved it! It was the perfect way to kick off the day.

That was followed by naps for all, except for Mike (who was busy watching football). Ahhh. :)

Then I made cookies. I'm not usually a cookie girl, but I really wanted snickerdoodle dough. And by the way it was delicious! The cookies were not. I am sure its our oven. Seriously. We haven't had a single batch of cookies turn out since we moved here, and we have made several attempts. Mike and are both pretty good in the kitchen. It has to be the oven.

Then we set up our Christmas tree, stockings, and decor. Beckett and Emma were very helpful, and are especially enthralled by the lights. We did select "random twinkling lights", and I can now officially verify that they are surprising, and twinkly. I think we made the right choice. 

A football game, hamburgers & fries were next. Every time we yell "touchdown" Beckett and Emma throw their arms in the air! Its pretty much my favorite part of the game... I am still relatively new to football so Mike is teaching me everything he knows. And I'll tell you what, he knows a LOT. Whew. It was actually a great game.

Now, I know some of you already have your shopping done, and the house decked the day after Thanksgiving. And that is just so cool. Its actually one of my goals for next year, to be better at Christmas/Holidays. But as for this year, for us, we are already on a roll- and its been fun!



First suckers- YUM (also VERY messy :)
Parade necklace


Watching puppies with Dad
So sunny! We started with jackets, but it was just so warm!





Lilburn at its finest :)





Avoiding the wet wipe so as to enjoy this sucker all day....

The face of resistance


No comments:

Post a Comment