Overreacting. At unexpected times, and sometimes for no reason.
Please tell me I am not the only one who does this.
I don't know if its just that my hormones never went back to normal after being pregnant or what...well... Actually. Anyone who knows me, knows better. Its probably that my hormones never went back to normal after they tried to make me a woman at age 12! That seems to be about when it all began. The only logical explanation is hormones. These kind of reactions cannot be normal. Right?
For example. Some people (myself included) laugh until they cry. And some might consider that an overreaction. If only. Sometimes I laugh so hard, I actually cry. Like sob, real tears. I cannot explain why. I have no idea. It is not premeditated, or bubbling beneath the surface. So the other night, Mike and I were talking in bed. And I started thinking about something that made me laugh. Mike laughed too, until I started to laugh uncontrollably. This always makes him nervous, as approximately once a year I really lose it. The odds are I'm just laughing, but he can never be sure.
And then I started to cry. Its the weirdest thing. I was soooo sad. I'm not sure I was thinking about anything in-particular. The first time this happened, Mike tried to pat my head. Yes, you read that right. Pat. My. Head. He is much much wiser now. Now he just holds me and tries not to let me see him laugh (as this always makes it worse).
Other overreactions have included eating things in mass quantities,what some would call an extravagant and ridiculous amount of exclamations, question marks, caps, and faces in my text messages, and lying on the floor.
Seriously.
There has to be a way to get past this right?
OR. Maybe it is normal. Sometimes I just need a good cry. Sometimes life feels intense, and I am just responding accordingly. There are some really fantastic overreactions. Like dance parties, singing out loud, laughing, and saying screaming with joy. So its not all bad.
I still just can't decide if its normal. Perhaps only time will tell. Who knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment